Our O’Fallon sedation dentists understand how stressful dentistry can be for some patients. We know that there are people out there who dread the idea of dental care, and even avoid necessary treatment altogether. That is why we are proud to offer oral conscious sedation to help put our patients at ease.
Oral conscious sedation is suitable for all types of patients, including:
· Patients with existing dental fear and anxiety
· People who are prone to suffering from dental pain and sensitivity
· Patients who are interested in receiving a number of dental treatments in a short amount of time
You will find that the oral conscious sedation process is refreshingly simple and intuitive:
· It starts when you take a pill at home before dental treatment. Our dentist prescribes this pill during you consultation, before your treatment begins.
· By the time you get to our office (please note that someone will need to drive you, as you will already be feeling the effects of sedation), you will already feel calm and worry-free.
· You will probably not remember much of what happened during treatment once the effects of sedation wear off. So you do not have to worry about suffering from distressing memories of dental care.
· You don’t have to take any specific steps to make the sedative wear off. You will find that once you get home you will gradually come out of sedation—many patients feel tired at this point. Again, someone will need to bring you home after treatment, because your judgment will be impaired.
If you are ready to learn more about sedation dentistry options, we will be happy to give you the information you need. Contact our O’Fallon sedation dentist office by calling 636-614-1217, or feel free to submit an inquiry through our website.