Sedation dentistry has transformed what our O’Fallon dentists are able to do, and how quickly we’re able to do it. Sedation has also greatly improved the patient’s treatment experience in a a number of ways.
Our dental team has seen first-hand how powerful this tool can be. In general, sedation treatment helps patients stay calm through treatment, and comfortable in the dentist’s chair. With sedation, you can have the positive dental experience you want, while getting the treatment you need.
Sedation treatment is tailored and customized to suit the individual patient’s needs. The best way to figure out whether sedation can help you, is to schedule a consultation with our dental team. However, here are some general guidelines and situations in which sedation can be helpful:
Easing patients into invasive procedures: if you are having extensive restorative or cosmetic work done, sedation can help you stay comfortable, and minimize your risk of requiring a lengthy post-treatment recovery period.
Helping anxious patients: certain people are so afraid of dental treatment that they can’t even make it into our office for their appointments. Sedation treatment can help these people face dental care confidently. Oral conscious sedation, for example, begins to work before you even get to our office, so you’ll be ready for treatment.
Shortening treatment timelines: if you are undergoing a series of treatments, sedation may be able to shorten your treatment timeline. Because sedated patients do not become tense and fatigued as quickly in the dentist’s chair, our dental team can get more done in a shorter period of time.
If you want to learn more about sedation treatment, or figure out whether sedation is appropriate in your situation, you can contact our O’Fallon sedation dentists by phone or through our Contact Us page. We look forward to speaking with you!
One of the most common complaints that our O’Fallon cosmetic dentists hear from our patients is that their smiles have started to look stained and dull over time. Dental discoloration is a very common occurrence, but that doesn’t mean that it’s something you just have to live with. Our dental team offers a number of effective and efficient treatments to refresh and even transform stained smiles. Keep reading to learn more!
Professional dental whitening is a fast and non-invasive way to lighten discoloration. Professional-grade whitening formulations are stronger and more potent than over the counter options. Once the gel is applied to your teeth, it goes to work lifting stains from your tooth surfaces. Treatments can be repeated over time in order to achieve maximum results. The entire process is comfortable and stress-free.
While dental whitening treatments are designed to lift stains from the natural tooth, dental bonding and porcelain veneers cover discolored enamel to improve the patient’s smile.
Dental bonding uses composite resin to resurface damaged or unattractive dental enamel. This treatment is widely popular because it is affordable, and can be completed in just one dental appointment. Because composite resin is shaded to suit the individual patient’s teeth, bonding yields exceptionally natural looking results.
Another option is to cover your natural teeth with porcelain veneers or LUMINEERS. These are thin, individually-crafted aesthetic restorations that, once attached to the tooth surface, cover the entirety of the patient’s visible enamel. It generally takes two to three appointments to finish veneer/LUMINEER treatment, and the restorations are personalized in shape, size, and shade to ensure natural looking aesthetics.
You absolutely do not need to live with a stained smile that you don’t love. Our O’Fallon cosmetic dentists are here to help—give us a call to get started by scheduling a personal consultation!
An important part of protecting your smile for the long-term is understanding the day to day threats to your oral health. Acid erosion is one such common cause of dental deterioration. In this short article our O’Fallon dentists are sharing some information about acid erosion: how it develops, how it presents, and the types of problems it can cause.
So, the first thing to understand is that certain foods and drinks simply contain more acid than others. Wine, soft drinks, citrus fruits, fruit juices, and more are all quite acidic. It’s wise to limit your consumption of acidic foods and drinks, especially those that don’t offer many health benefits.
- There are other things that you can do to help minimize acid erosion as well.
- Get into the habit of rinsing your smile with water after eating or drinking
- Don’t brush your teeth for 20 to 30 minutes after consuming something acidic, as your dental enamel is softened and thus more vulnerable during this time
- Try not to eat or drink acidic things continuously throughout the day, as this keeps your enamel soft for a long period of time. It’s better to consume acidic treats in specific, limited chunks of time.
If left unchecked, acid erosion can really damage your smile. You may find:
- That your smile starts to look dark dull, as thin enamels allow dentin to show through to the surface of the tooth
- Your teeth are prone to developing cracks and chips
- Your teeth are more susceptible to developing cavities, because your enamel has developed weak spots
- Your teeth start to wear down prematurely and even shorten
Our O’Fallon dentists are here to help you develop a treatment plan that helps you preserve healthy and strong enamel for the long-term. If you have any questions, or you’d like to schedule a consultation, reach out to our team by calling our office or using our Contact Us page.
- Our O’Fallon Sedation Dentist Explains Why And When Relaxation Treatments Are Used
- Lighten Dental Discoloration And Staining With Treatments From Our O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentists
- O’Fallon Dentist Shares Some Information About The Development Of Acid Erosion And Connected Dental Problems
- Get The Most Out Of Your Daily Oral Hygiene Routine With Help From Our O’Fallon Dentists
- Defeat Bad Breath For Good With Help From Our O’Fallon Dentist
- O’Fallon LUMINEERS Dentist Responds To Patient Questions About This Treatment
- O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Considerations To Keep In Mind While Planning Treatment
- Our O’Fallon Dentist Discusses The Importance Of Developing Trust Between Patients And Dentists
- Learn More From Our O’Fallon Dentists About How Sleep Apnea Damages Health
- O’Fallon Dentists Give Patients Information About the Evolution of Dentures
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.