If you are looking for a way to pump up the effectiveness of your oral hygiene routine, our O’Fallon dentist office is here to tell you that there are simple things that you can do to make your smile healthier than it is now. Try adding some of these steps into your daily routine for extra bacteria fighting power.
First of all, try supercharging your brushing routine:
1. Brush for at least two minutes every time that you brush
2. Don’t just swipe your toothbrush horizontally back and forth over your teeth. Instead, move your brush in small circular motions over you gum line, or use quick vertical strokes to dislodge plaque.
3. Brush your teeth after flossing, so that you can clear away any plaque and dental debris that you dislodged with floss.
Another thing that you can do is to add an effective mouth rinse as the last step of your oral hygiene routine.
1. If your dentist thinks this is appropriate for you, you might want to look for a mouthwash that has fluoride in it. Fluoride helps to fortify dental enamel.
2. Using mouthwash as the final step of your routine allows the rinse to clear away bacteria and plaque that you previously loosened with floss and a toothbrush. This also allows the mouth rinse to reach the most surface area of your gum tissue and dental enamel.
Throughout the day, make an effort to drink as much water as you can. Water…
1. Helps your body producing bacteria-neutralizing saliva.
2. Rinse away newly formed plaque.
When you take extra steps to safeguard your smile, you give your dental enamel a good chance to re-mineralize before serious dental problems arise. Want more information about the components of a strong oral hygiene routine? Our O’Fallon dentist office is here for you!