Achieving and maintaining a white smile takes special consideration and diligent dental care. There are things that you can do to improve the appearance and the resilience of your smile. Keep reading to learn more about the steps that you can take to safeguard your dental enamel.
First of all, our O’Fallon cosmetic dentist cannot over stress the importance of cleaning your teeth as recommended every day. This means…
· Brushing your teeth morning and night
· Flossing at least once a day (preferably before bed)
· Refraining from using harsh tools (like metal or wooden toothpicks) to clean your teeth
If you have already noticed that your teeth are looking dark, stained, or yellow, there are treatment options available that will brighten your smile. For example…
· You may be surprised at how much a thorough professional dental cleaning can lighten your smile in just one dental appointment. This is the first step that you should take to refresh the appearance of your smile.
· Professional dental whitening treatments are designed to lift existing stains from your teeth. These treatments deliver results in only one or two dental appointments, and can lighten your teeth by several shades.
· For patients with hard-to-treat dental discoloration, cosmetic LUMINEERS are hugely beneficial. These porcelain cosmetic restorations are applied directly over natural dental enamel; they completely resurface and refine the patient’s smile. LUMINEERS’ treatment generally takes just two or three dental appointments to complete!
Thanks to modern cosmetic dentistry, there is no need for you to live with a dark or dull smile that you don’t love. Our O’Fallon cosmetic dentist office can give you additional information about these cosmetic treatments, and other dental options, when you contact our dental team. Just call our office, or submit a question through our website, in order to get started.