The things that you do to protect your smile everyday can make a big different over time. Our O’Fallon dentists have a number of recommendations regarding how you can protect your teeth and gums day to day. In today’s short article we will be discussing simple things that you can do as part of your regular routine in order to boost your oral health.
Before we get started, we just want to quickly say that you should be brushing your teeth twice a day, and flossing once a day. If your dentist has given you a different routine to follow, do that instead.
So, let’s say that you are already brushing and flossing as recommended! You can also…
· Drink plenty of water throughout the day to ramp up saliva production
· Rinse your mouth with water after you eat and drink
· Refrain from brushing your teeth for 20 to 30 minutes after exposing your teeth to acidic substances
· Floss away any debris stuck between your teeth, rather than using potentially harmful toothpicks
· Minimize the amount of sugary foods and drinks that you consume
· Be mindful of how and when you indulge. When you do eat or drink substances rich in sugars, try to do it in a short period of time (say over ten minutes) rather than spacing the same snack out over a long period of time
· Refrain from chewing on hard candies and/or ice
If you have any questions about daily dental care, and/or cavity prevention treatments, our O’Fallon dentists are here to give you all of the information that you need. You can also schedule a personal consultation with our dentist by using the Schedule an Appointment page on our website. Take control of you oral health once and for all!