If you’ve ever lost a tooth or multiple teeth, you know how important it is to find a replacement tooth treatment that fits you, specifically. Two popular treatments in our O’Fallon dental office are dentures and dental implants—today I’m going explain some common reasons why patients choose dentures and dental implants, respectively.
Dentures and dental implants are quite different, but they can both restore the functionality and beauty of your smile.
Patients often choose dental implants because…
· They are embedded into the jawbone, and thus they are not removable
· Dental implants function like natural teeth—you’ll be able to eat and speak naturally with dental implants
· Dental implants can be used to replace just one tooth
· Dental implants will be shaped and shaded to fit your smile
· Dental implants are easy to care for—clean them as you’d clean your natural teeth, by brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash
· Dental implants will not need to be readjusted regularly as dentures are
Here are some reasons why you might choose dentures…
· Dentures are less expensive and more easily replaced than dental implants
· Dentures can be crafted and shaded to look natural and attractive—our office uses the Geneva dentures for stunning results
· Dentures are suitable for patients with diminished bone density—these patients will likely need to undergo a bone graft in order to receive a dental implant
· Denture treatment is faster than dental implant treatment, as dental implant treatment can take six to eight months to complete
Depending on your situation, you may benefit more from dentures than dental implants, and vice versa. Our O’Fallon denture dentists and O’Fallon dental implant dentists can help you determine which treatment is best for you—just give us a call to schedule your own consultation.