A fresh and white smile looks young, healthy, and clean. No wonder so many dental patients come to our O’Fallon cosmetic dentists to whiten their teeth!
Modern cosmetic dentistry gives you more options than ever before when it comes to whitening and brightening your smile. Our dental team is here to help you choose the perfect treatment for your unique needs. So, today, we are providing an overview of three popular treatments used to achieve a whiter smile—let’s get started!
Professional teeth whitening treatment
This treatment involves our dental team applying a topical whitening gel to the patient’s dental enamel. As the gel sits on the patient’s smile, it goes to work lightening existing stains. Teeth whitening treatment is:
· Fast—treatment generally lasts under an hour, the process can be repeated multiple times until the patient’s desired level of whitening is achieved
With this treatment our dental team actually applies dental resin over the patient’s natural enamel, in order to give the tooth a whiter and brighter appearance. Once the dental bonding process is complete, the resin will be hard, durable, and natural-looking. Dental bonding is:
· Fast—treatment is generally complete in just one appointment
· Versatile—this option can cover all kinds of discoloration and damage
· Customizable—we will shade the resin to suit your smile
· Comfortable—does not require destruction of natural tooth structure
· More affordable than other cosmetic treatments, such as veneers
A LUMINEERS is a thin porcelain restoration that is placed over the patient’s natural enamel in order to resurface the tooth. It generally takes two to three dental appointments to complete LUMINEER treatment. LUMINEERS are:
· Durable—they are built to stand up to daily wear and tear, and they are resistant to staining
· Customizable—the shape, size, and color of the LUMINEER will be designed to suit your needs
· The longest-lasting whitening option available
· Versatile—can be used to cover all types of discoloration as well as other aesthetic issues
If you want to learn more about any of these cosmetic treatment options, please feel free to call our O’Fallon dentists to touch base and schedule your personal consultation!