Please check back soon for new blog posts!
Sedation dentistry treatments are helping many different types of dental patients get the treatments that they need in a comfortable and stress-free way. Our O’Fallon sedation dentists are here to give you some more information about how relaxation treatments work—specifically oral conscious sedation. Let’s get started.
Oral conscious sedation is used to help patients with dental fear and anxiety as well as people who are undergoing invasive and/or multi-phased treatments. This treatment simply involves the patient taking a small sedative (in the form of a pill) at home, about an hour before his or her dental appointment. The effects of oral conscious sedation wear off naturally after the treatment process.
People choose oral conscious sedation for a wide number of very good reasons. For example:
· All you have to do in order to start feeling the effects is take a pill—this option is great for people who have a fear of needles and/or the masks used to administer nitrous oxide
· You will start to feel calm before you even get to our office—great for patients who have trouble even making it into the dentist’s chair
· The medication used for oral conscious sedation has an amnesiac effect, so you likely won’t remember the treatment process after it is complete
· As the name suggests, you are never actually unconscious when under the effects of oral conscious sedation—you’ll be able to answer our team’s questions/communicate while you’re receiving treatment
If you have been wondering whether or not oral conscious sedation is right for you, our O’Fallon sedation dentists are here to answer your questions and help you decide. To schedule a personalized consultation, you can always call our dental team or use the Contact Us page on our website. We look forward to speaking with you!
- Learn More About All Of Your Restorative Treatment Options From Our O’Fallon Dentists
- Our O’Fallon Dentists Review Beverages That Can Affect Your Smile
- O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentist Reviews 3 Things That May Be Making Your Smile Look Older
- Our O’Fallon Dentist Explains What We Do During A Professional Cleaning
- Take Care Of Your Smile When You’re Sick With Help From Our O’Fallon Dentists
- Conquer Dental Sensitivity With Support From Our O’Fallon Dentists
- Our O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentists Help Patients Refresh Their Smile With Dental Whitening Options
- Learn More About The Many Ways To Achieve A Straighter Smile From Our O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentists
- Get The Facts About Coffee: Our O’Fallon Dentists Talk About Coffee’s Effect On The Smile
- O’Fallon Dentists Educate Patients On Signs Of Emerging Infections
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.