If you have considered using relaxation dentistry to feel more confident in the dentist’s chair, this article will help you get a better idea of whether these treatments can help you.
The type of sedation that our dental team utilizes is called oral conscious sedation. Our O’Fallon sedation dentists prefer this type of sedation because it effectively soothes the patient, while allowing the person to remain conscious and communicative.
Here is what is involved with utilizing oral conscious sedation:
· As the patient, all you need to do is take a small pill about an hour before you come in for your dental appointment. Our dentist will prescribe this medication for you prior to your treatment date.
· Because you will start to feel the effects of sedation before you make it to our office, you will need someone to drive you to your appointment.
· Once you get to your dental appointment you will feel calm, confident, and in control.
· During treatment you will be relaxed and worry-free, but you will still be able to respond to our dentist’s inquiries when necessary.
· When treatment is over, you will need someone to drive you home. Once you get back home, the effects of sedation will begin to wear off naturally.
· Post-treatment, you most likely will not remember the details of your treatment, because oral conscious sedation is designed to have amnesiac properties. This means that you don’t have to deal with any unhappy memories of dental treatment once you’re all done.
You’ll find, as many of our patients have already found, that oral conscious sedation makes dental treatment simple and stress-free for the patient. Our O’Fallon sedation dentist office is here to provide you with the additional information that you need to make the best decision for your smile. Please call our office to get started right away!