O’Fallon Dentist Discusses Benefits And Strategies Of Using Mouth Rinse
If you’re following a diligent oral hygiene routine, but you still don’t feel like your mouth is as fresh and clean as you’d like, you may want to consider adding a mouth rinse into your daily routine. Our O’Fallon dentists are here with some helpful information about ways that you can incorporate mouth rinse into your oral hygiene routine, and how to evaluate various mouth rinses.
Mouth rinse can improve your smile because…
· The physical act of vigorously swishing a liquid around your smile can dislodge dental debris, food particles, and plaque from your smile
· Different types of mouthwashes include various active ingredients that can freshen your smile, kill oral bacteria, and strengthen your smile
Here are some key times during the day that you may want to rinse your mouth:
· In the morning after you brush your teeth—this will give your smile a fresh feel for the day ahead
· After you eat a meal—rinsing your smile after a meal can minimize the amount of time that oral bacteria are able to feed on food particles in your mouth
· At night after you floss and brush—rinsing your mouth at night is a great final step in your daily oral hygiene routine
You can, of course, use plain water to rinse your smile—this will help to clear away dental debris and ramp up saliva production. However, you may want to choose a specially-formulated mouthwash to provide your smile with additional health benefits. Specific mouth rinse formulations can freshen your breath, neutralize harmful oral bacteria, strengthen your dental enamel, and combat periodontal disease.
If you are not sure whether mouth rinse is right for you, our O’Fallon dentists are here to help! Give us a call to get more information, and to schedule a personal consultation with our team.