Our O’Fallon sedation dentists have helped many types of dental patients get the treatments they need with oral conscious sedation. This state-of-the-art sedation treatment is extremely effective and patient-friendly.
If you have been wondering whether oral conscious sedation might be right for you, our dental team is here to help you get the information that you need! Let’s get started…
Oral conscious sedation is a type of sedation treatment that can be used to help:
· Patients with overwhelming anxiety in the dentist’s chair
· Patients who are undergoing multiple dental treatments in a row
· Patients who are undergoing an extensive dental treatment
· Patients who are avoiding dental treatment due to fear of pain and discomfort
This treatment is extremely patient friendly, because:
· The patient simply needs to take a small pill in order to start benefiting from sedation
· The patient takes the pill before he or she even comes into the office, so they’ll feel calm and confident from the very beginning of treatment
· The oral conscious sedation medication has amnesiac effects, so you probably won’t remember any of the treatment process once you’re out of the dentist’s chair
· The patient stays conscious while medicated, so our dental team can continually communicate with him or her
· The effects of oral conscious sedation wear off naturally once the patient is back home post-treatment
Oral conscious sedation has transformed the dental treatment process for many patients with dental anxiety. When you come in to talk to our dental team, we will be able to give you a better idea of whether or not you are a strong candidate for oral conscious sedation treatment.
Please give our O’Fallon dental team a call when you are ready to get started getting the dental treatment you need to stay well!