Please check back soon for new blog posts!
Sedation dentistry treatments are helping many different types of dental patients get the treatments that they need in a comfortable and stress-free way. Our O’Fallon sedation dentists are here to give you some more information about how relaxation treatments work—specifically oral conscious sedation. Let’s get started.
Oral conscious sedation is used to help patients with dental fear and anxiety as well as people who are undergoing invasive and/or multi-phased treatments. This treatment simply involves the patient taking a small sedative (in the form of a pill) at home, about an hour before his or her dental appointment. The effects of oral conscious sedation wear off naturally after the treatment process.
People choose oral conscious sedation for a wide number of very good reasons. For example:
· All you have to do in order to start feeling the effects is take a pill—this option is great for people who have a fear of needles and/or the masks used to administer nitrous oxide
· You will start to feel calm before you even get to our office—great for patients who have trouble even making it into the dentist’s chair
· The medication used for oral conscious sedation has an amnesiac effect, so you likely won’t remember the treatment process after it is complete
· As the name suggests, you are never actually unconscious when under the effects of oral conscious sedation—you’ll be able to answer our team’s questions/communicate while you’re receiving treatment
If you have been wondering whether or not oral conscious sedation is right for you, our O’Fallon sedation dentists are here to answer your questions and help you decide. To schedule a personalized consultation, you can always call our dental team or use the Contact Us page on our website. We look forward to speaking with you!
- O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Considerations To Keep In Mind While Planning Treatment
- Our O’Fallon Dentist Discusses The Importance Of Developing Trust Between Patients And Dentists
- Learn More From Our O’Fallon Dentists About How Sleep Apnea Damages Health
- O’Fallon Dentists Give Patients Information About the Evolution of Dentures
- Learn More About Dental Sensitivity Develops, and How it Can Be Treated, from Our O’Fallon Dentists
- Is Oral Conscious Sedation Right For You? Learn More From Our O’Fallon Sedation Dentists
- O’Fallon Dentist Answers Patient Questions About Enamel Staining And Discoloration
- O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentist Explains The Ways We Customize Aesthetic Treatments
- You Permanent Tooth Replacement Treatment Options Explained By Our O’Fallon Dentist
- Take Care Of Your Smile With These Tips From Our O’Fallon Dentists
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.