First of all, welcome to the new dental blog for the O’Fallon Dental Partnership! I will be updating this blog as a way to keep in contact with our patients and people looking for additional information on dental services. These blog posts will explain advances in dental technology, and keep you up to date on what’s happening in our practice. Check back often for new content and to see my answers to many common dental questions.
This inaugural blog post is inspired by a talk I had recently with one of my patients—Cheryl. Cheryl had suffered for years with teeth that were stained and discolored from tetracycline. When a child with developing adult teeth uses the antibiotic tetracycline he or she can develop dark, stained permanent teeth. This type of staining is notoriously difficult to treat—tetracycline stained teeth are resistant to many conventional forms of teeth whitening and bleaching.
Cheryl wanted to revitalize her smile and whiten her teeth, so I told her she could be a good candidate for dental veneers. Because tetracycline stains are permanently embedded in the dental enamel, Cheryl assumed that she didn’t’ have options for whitening her teeth. However, our O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentists revitalized Cheryl’s smile with stunning porcelain veneers.
Dental veneers are thin layers of porcelain that are affixed directly to the dental enamel. They are incredibly versatile, and can be used to fix a variety of cosmetic problems. Porcelain veneers mimic the aesthetic of natural enamel—they refract and reflect light like real teeth do. Consequently, patients end up with brilliantly white, natural-looking teeth.
Cheryl was thrilled with her results—she now has a smile that she’s proud to show off! Tetracycline stained teeth can negatively affect a patient’s self-esteem. If you or someone you know is living with these unsightly stains, please know that our O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentist Office can help you. Give us a call if you have any questions or you’d like to discuss teeth whitening or veneers in more detail—just call (636) 614-1217.
Please check back soon for new blog posts!
Sedation dentistry treatments are helping many different types of dental patients get the treatments that they need in a comfortable and stress-free way. Our O’Fallon sedation dentists are here to give you some more information about how relaxation treatments work—specifically oral conscious sedation. Let’s get started.
Oral conscious sedation is used to help patients with dental fear and anxiety as well as people who are undergoing invasive and/or multi-phased treatments. This treatment simply involves the patient taking a small sedative (in the form of a pill) at home, about an hour before his or her dental appointment. The effects of oral conscious sedation wear off naturally after the treatment process.
People choose oral conscious sedation for a wide number of very good reasons. For example:
· All you have to do in order to start feeling the effects is take a pill—this option is great for people who have a fear of needles and/or the masks used to administer nitrous oxide
· You will start to feel calm before you even get to our office—great for patients who have trouble even making it into the dentist’s chair
· The medication used for oral conscious sedation has an amnesiac effect, so you likely won’t remember the treatment process after it is complete
· As the name suggests, you are never actually unconscious when under the effects of oral conscious sedation—you’ll be able to answer our team’s questions/communicate while you’re receiving treatment
If you have been wondering whether or not oral conscious sedation is right for you, our O’Fallon sedation dentists are here to answer your questions and help you decide. To schedule a personalized consultation, you can always call our dental team or use the Contact Us page on our website. We look forward to speaking with you!
- Take Care Of Your Smile With These Tips From Our O’Fallon Dentists
- O’Fallon Dentist Explains Some Things That Cause Premature Enamel Thinning
- Improve Your Oral Hygiene Routine This Year With Help From our O’Fallon Dentist
- O’Fallon Dentist Explains How Different Substances Can Damage Your Smile
- Sedation 101 From Our O’Fallon Relaxation Dentists
- Learn More About How Teeth Become Cracked and Chipped From Our O’Fallon Dentists
- Halloween Dental Tips From Our O’Fallon Dentists
- O’Fallon Dentist Gives Tips On Helping Children Maintain Healthy Smiles
- O’Fallon Dentist Gives You Helpful Tips On Your Flossing Routine
- Our O’Fallon Dentists Help You Understand The Utility Of Various Dental Ingredients
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.