Cosmetic dentistry treatments can vastly improve how your smile looks and how you feel about your smile! Our O’Fallon cosmetic dentists offer a number of effective treatment options to transform your smile. Today we’re talking about some of the important considerations that we keep in mind when designing treatment plans for our patients. In this article we’re focusing on non-aesthetic considerations. Let’s get started!
Our dental team provides comprehensive cosmetic care; this dental philosophy means that we always prioritize the health and strength of your smile over anything. We will never compromise your oral health in order to achieve an aesthetic result.
The first thing that we need to take into consideration when planning cosmetic treatment is the health and current state of your tooth. We do not recommend treatments that simply cover oral health issues—these treatments may make your smile look healthy and attractive, but they will not serve you well in the long-term.
It is also crucial that we make sure that the cosmetic treatments you undergo preserve or improve your bite surfaces. If your bite is uneven, this can put immense pressure on your temporomandibular joints. Along with TMJ damage, bite dysfunction puts you at risk of developing uneven and premature dental damage.
Finally, we need to take into account what your daily routine is like, and what kind of maintenance you’re comfortable with. Professional whitening treatments, for example, need to repeated every few months or years in order to maintain a white smile. Veneers, on the other hand, are naturally stain-resistant.
Our O’Fallon cosmetic dentists are here to help you make these important decisions for your smile. To get started, reach out to our dental team to schedule a personal consultation! We offer a range of treatment options to suit a wide variety of patients’ needs.
- O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Considerations To Keep In Mind While Planning Treatment
- Our O’Fallon Dentist Discusses The Importance Of Developing Trust Between Patients And Dentists
- Learn More From Our O’Fallon Dentists About How Sleep Apnea Damages Health
- O’Fallon Dentists Give Patients Information About the Evolution of Dentures
- Learn More About Dental Sensitivity Develops, and How it Can Be Treated, from Our O’Fallon Dentists
- Is Oral Conscious Sedation Right For You? Learn More From Our O’Fallon Sedation Dentists
- O’Fallon Dentist Answers Patient Questions About Enamel Staining And Discoloration
- O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentist Explains The Ways We Customize Aesthetic Treatments
- You Permanent Tooth Replacement Treatment Options Explained By Our O’Fallon Dentist
- Take Care Of Your Smile With These Tips From Our O’Fallon Dentists
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.