Dental anxiety is a very real phenomenon that can make it difficult for people to get dental care when they need it. Our O’Fallon dentists work hard to keep dental treatment as comfortable, convenient, and stress-free for our patients. One thing that we have learned from years of experience is that trust is a vital component of stress-free dental care. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people feel uncomfortable and even stressed out by the idea that they will be incapacitated in the dentist’s chair. They worry that they will feel out of control, and that they won’t be able to communicate in the dentist’s chair. Developing trust with your dental team is crucial to dealing with these concerns. When you know that you and your dental team are one the same page, you can relax in the dentist’s chair.
Developing trust both results from and fosters open communication with your dentist. As you are preparing for dental treatment, talk to your dentist about your goals, concerns, and any prior dental experiences that may be relevant. You should feel supported and heard by your dental team, and this begins with an honest discussion of your feelings about dentistry.
It’s important to know that one of the most popular sedation options in our office—oral conscious sedation—allows you to remain responsive to our dental team throughout the treatment process. This stress-reducing treatment helps you breeze through dental treatment, while retaining your ability to reply to our dental team.
If you have had unsatisfactory dental experiences in the past, don’t let that keep you from getting the treatment you need in the present. Our O’Fallon sedation dentists can give you more information about the relaxation treatments we offer as well as the strategies we use to keep the treatment process transparent and stress-free for our patients.
Sleep apnea is, for many sufferers, a surreptitious enemy. Some of this disorder’s commonly experienced symptoms can be hard to trace back to sleep apnea. That is why our O'Fallon sleep apnea dentists are here to share some information about how sleep apnea manifests, and what kinds of health issues you may experience as a result. We hope that this overview allows you to feel more comfortable reaching out for sleep apnea care if necessary.
As you may already know, sleep apnea occurs when a patient’s oral tissue fall into his or her airway while he or she is asleep. These relaxed oral tissues prevent the patient from breathing normally. Consequently, the patient’s blood oxygen levels drop throughout the night; the body has to continually wake in order to restart the breathing process.
If you’re dealing with sleep apnea, you may find that…
· You’re suffering from chronic headaches, especially upon waking
· You feel fatigued during the day, and perhaps have trouble concentrating; this is a result of disrupted sleep
· You experience dry mouth during the night
· You find yourself waking frequently, or even gasping/choking awake (keep in mind that not all patients remember sleep apnea-related wakings, so you may be dealing with sleep apnea even if you don’t have memories of waking up)
One of the most concerning aspects of sleep apnea is that it can increase the sufferer’s risk of dealing with a whole host of health of problems down the road. Sleep apnea patients have increased risks of heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, and depression. The good news is that prompt and effective sleep apnea treatment can help you minimize your health risks.
Give our O’Fallon sleep apnea dentists a call to get more information and to schedule a personal consultation. We are here to help you!
- O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Considerations To Keep In Mind While Planning Treatment
- Our O’Fallon Dentist Discusses The Importance Of Developing Trust Between Patients And Dentists
- Learn More From Our O’Fallon Dentists About How Sleep Apnea Damages Health
- O’Fallon Dentists Give Patients Information About the Evolution of Dentures
- Learn More About Dental Sensitivity Develops, and How it Can Be Treated, from Our O’Fallon Dentists
- Is Oral Conscious Sedation Right For You? Learn More From Our O’Fallon Sedation Dentists
- O’Fallon Dentist Answers Patient Questions About Enamel Staining And Discoloration
- O’Fallon Cosmetic Dentist Explains The Ways We Customize Aesthetic Treatments
- You Permanent Tooth Replacement Treatment Options Explained By Our O’Fallon Dentist
- Take Care Of Your Smile With These Tips From Our O’Fallon Dentists
New Patient Special!
Or $1 custom teeth whitening with new patient exam, complete x-rays, and cleaning at full fee (a $314 value).
How it works, what options are available and more.